Your Ideal Career Starts with a Personalized Degree
Fill out the form to be contacted by a university representative
Your path is unique – why shouldn’t your MBA be?
Get your degree on your terms with the Bloch School’s Professional MBA program. Our PMBA offers the flexibility to select the courses and class formats that match your schedule and career goals.
Why Choose Bloch?
More Career Options
Our Professional MBA is tailor-made to meet your needs. With a customized curriculum, your personalized degree is designed to make your ideal career path a reality.
More Than a Classroom
The Bloch School pushes education forward. Our Professional MBA program accommodates working students with both online and on-campus classes.
Earn your degree without disrupting your schedule. Our PMBA program accommodates working students, and GMAT exam waivers are available based on academic performance or professional experience.
Our program offers affordable tuition, making the Bloch School’s innovation-focused courses and professional opportunities a sound investment in your success.
Innovative & Inspiring
Project-based learning opportunities give you a customized education, allowing you to shape communities and make a true difference where it matters.
How Does the Program Work?
Your Degree On Your Terms
When you enroll in our PMBA program, you get the total package: the flexibility of online courses, active engagement with peers and instructors and a valuable connection to the Kansas City business community.
Curriculum and Schedule
Our curriculum clears a path to professional success. The Professional MBA program offers a rigorous core to keep you ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving business environment, and our wide range of electives offer thorough training in specialized fields and industries.
Education and Expertise
Learn high-level strategy, in-depth analysis and valuable insights from the Bloch School’s prestigious faculty. Our PMBA program connects you with professional peers as well as Kansas City’s top business innovators, providing the knowledge and resources you need to take your career to the next level.
Ongoing Growth and Immediate Results
Our program will expand your perspectives and sharpen your professional skill set. You will meet new people, explore new industries, and broaden your knowledge to become a more confident, well-rounded leader. Join the Bloch School’s long-standing network of professionals, innovators and peers making a positive impact in the Kansas City community.
Is Financial Assistance Available?
Regardless of financial situation or income, students entering the Bloch Professional MBA program can qualify for financial support, and many have chosen to use UMKC financial aid options.
The UMKC Financial Aid and Scholarships Office administers campus-wide merit and talent-based scholarship programs. For assistance with financial aid or scholarships, please contact the office at (816) 235-1154.
You can mix online and on-campus courses to meet your changing personal and professional needs.
Close & Connected
Learn from prestigious faculty, top area business and nonprofit leaders, and peers in the classroom.
How Do I Apply?
- • Two or more years of full-time work experience are preferred. Recent college graduates who are working full-time and have clear career goals may be considered for admission.
- • A minimum score of 450 on the GMAT or equivalent score on the GRE. GMAT/GRE scores waived for qualifying candidates. To check waiver eligibility, click here.
- • Bachelor’s degree in any major from an accredited university.
- • If you are a non-US citizen and did not complete a university degree in the US, you must submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
- • Applications are reviewed by an admissions committee. Meeting the minimum requirements noted above does not guarantee admission.
We encourage students interested in the Professional MBA program to apply for the fall or spring semesters, as core course availability is limited in the summer semester.
Applications are reviewed as they are submitted. All application materials, including resume, essay and GMAT scores/waiver, must be submitted before your application will be reviewed by the admission committee.
- • Summer (June) 2021 application deadline: May 1, 2021
- • Fall (August) 2021 application deadline: July 15, 2021
- • Spring (January) 2022 application deadline: December 15, 2021
*International applicants who will require a student visa should apply at least one month before the posted deadlines.
Admission to the MBA program is selective. A completed application includes all of the following:
- UMKC application, plus application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- A current resume.
- A one-page goal statement that describes your career plans, why you desire to attend UMKC, and why you want to obtain the MBA.